RECLAIM STACKER AT AN ACTIVE POWER PLANT
This project consists of installing the concrete bunker, the cast-in-place tunnel which houses the conveyor belt, a pre-cast emergency escape tunnel, and the miscellaneous foundations that will support the conveyor belt trusses.
The Reclaim Stacker is a below-ground bunker. Coal is fed by heavy equipment into two chutes in the lid of the bunker and is then directed by a conveyor belt through a concrete tunnel to an adjacent transfer tower when processing begins and then transferred even further to coal-powered generators.
- Pump House for the coal yard
- Coal Yard drainage pond and trench
- Two Transfer Towers, conveyor foundations, and support buildings:
- Coal Pile Reclaim Stacker
- 35′ x 47′ x 50′ deep concrete vault
- 3′ thick reinforced walls
- 4′ elevated concrete deck
- 5,000 cubic yards of concrete
When working at an active power plant, extensive job planning and safety programs are JP Cullen’s top priorities before starting any work. Effective communication among the client, engineer, and subcontractors is also vital to making a project successful.
SAFE & EFFICIENT PROJECT DELIVERY
JP Cullen understands the critical aspects of the Power industry and provides a detailed set of best practices to ensure we meet the industry’s rigorous regulations and quality.
GET IN TOUCH
Vice President – Industrial