MILWAUKEE BUCKS NEW HOME
The Milwaukee Bucks and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin have created a partnership that includes the development of the Sports Science Center, the new practice facility for the Milwaukee Bucks; and the McKinley Health Center, a medical office building.
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Sports Science Center, located in downtown Milwaukee, boasts 77,500 sqft of space for team use and enclosed parking. The multi-level building offers all the necessary accommodations to comfortably house an NBA team with ample workout spaces, rehabilitation areas, leisure space, and office areas. The overall design by Eppstein Uhen Architects and Populous also took into account an NBA player’s physique, making taller countertops, shower heads, doorways, and higher seating throughout.
Other amenities for this state-of-the-art facility include:
- Player lounge equipped with TVs with A/V setup, along with space for dining and relaxing
- Kitchen with the most up-to-date equipment for use by the team’s personal chef and dietician, making a highly-nutritious diet easily accessible for the team
- Gatorade fueling station to make shakes and nutritious drinks specific to each player’s needs
- Spacious locker room that includes Gee’s Clippers, a local Milwaukee barber shop
- Indoor underground parking with a car detailing bay for all players and coaches
- Fitness areas featuring state-of-the-art weight lifting areas, cardio areas, strength training room including a cryotherapy chamber and hydrotherapy room featuring three rehabilitation pools
- Outdoor terrace with fire pit, grill, seating, and outdoor TV that overlooks the new Bucks arena site and the downtown Milwaukee skyline
- Open format office space allowing for collaboration among employees and ample conference room space
The most prominent feature in this building is the two full-size basketball courts that replicate two court designs the team currently plays on at the BMO Harris Bradley Center. Check out the time lapse of the court install here!
These top-of-the-line amenities make this a welcoming, second home for the Bucks players and personnel. In addition to the amenities, the state-of-the-art technologies make this a top-tier training center in the NBA, giving the Bucks a distinct advantage when it comes to on-court improvement and player recruitment.
Adjacent to the Sports Science Center is the McKinley Health Center, which will open Fall 2017. This 37,000 sqft medical office building will serve as a health care resource for Milwaukee residents on the near north side as well as downtown.